MMKP (mill) / MMKU (hand crank) /KPBT (metal funnel)
After the MattMill Klassik was a significant success within the german brewing community, in 2012 Matthias Hossfeld introduced the MattMill Kompakt, the most recent development. It became a best-seller in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
The main characteristics of MattMill Kompakt include
- hardened and cut-knurled steel rollers with a diameter of 70 mm, keeping most of the husks intact during the grain crushing process. This is optimal for a perfect lautering
- massive housing consisting of aluminum and high-grade steel
- stepless gap adjustment between 0 and 2 mm
- easy tabletop mounting
- driven either by 6mm bit (e.g. battery-powered screwdriver) or optional hand crank (sold separately, MMKU)
- typical milling capacity 3 kg/min (screwdriver) and 1-2 kg/min (hand crank, depending on fitness), respectively (approx. 11 grams/turn).
- quick reply/service directly by the manufacturer in case of difficulties
- threaded hole serves as mounting aid for a 1.5l standard PET bottle (as grain reservoir)
MattMill Kompakt comes readily packed in a box, ready to sell and send. (There is no funnel included, the idea is to use a big plastic funnel or a bottom-cut PET bottle).Weight approx. 5 kg. Size 21x16x9 cm.
For tabletop mounting regular screw clamps can be used (not included).
Manuals can be downloaded from here.
Below please find pictures of the MattMill Kompakt. Click on the pictures to enlarge.
Pictures by Dr. S. Parth, bplanprojekt.de.